Follet island surf 7-14-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follet island surf 7-14-2017

Friday , had a promise of clean , flat surf according to the forecasts , but , it was not to be . The wave height was about 2 feet and cloudy sandy green . I had a couple foul hooked mullet and a foul hooked 2 1/2 foot black tip shark . I threw all my hard baits , top waters , and spoons . I didn't see anyone do any better . Large rafts of mullet were constant for the entire morning .
    I took my crab trap to the surf and after the 3 hours I was there , harvested 5 female crabs , 2 of which had eggs and released . My wife and I have had a yearning for boiled crabs , but , they are hard to come by .
    Periodically, I sat in my lawn chair in the shade and soaked up my surroundings . It was a most relaxing time .
    I stopped at several Galveston beach access areas on the way home to check things out . I appeared that that the Galveston surf was was not as high as the Follet Island surf . Has anyone else noticed a difference in surf conditions between Galveston and Follet Island ?
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

I don't know why the selfie is upside down . The phone probably flinched upon seeing my face .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Glad to see you got out. Wish you could of caught more fish. Looks like you made a good day of it. And yeah I have noticed many times different wave action there vs galv

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X