Tulane Green Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulane Green Wave

Sandy, what’s with the Baby Blue Uniforms? Great Game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by S-troop View Post
    Sandy, what’s with the Baby Blue Uniforms? Great Game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I keep telling him the mascot looks like a smurf. Maybe they're finally owning it!

Jeff actually figured out the origin of the mascot.. maybe he'll post it up..
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Congrats to Talane. Here is the lineage of their mascot:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Geneology of the Tulane mascot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	562966

Comment

LMAO!!!!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

The Angry Wave was Tulane's mascot when I was a kid. I always loved it. It's really the most unique in the NCAA. Y'all can poo poo the mascot all you want, but I love it. And last night's game was one for the ages. Olive green and sky blue are the school colors. They break out the sky blues once a season. What I really loved was the "TU" helmets. At one time in the 80's, they were voted by the Sporting News as the best helmet design in college football.

Here's what I wrote on a sports forum last night. Not very poetic, but I was rushed.

With many apologies to all the Houston Cougar fans here, I have something to say.

How 'Bout Dat Green Wave?!!!!!!!!

I can't remember a finish like that in college football. Much less from my beloved Green Wave. Only rarely in my 46 years have I had such a time as a Tulane fan. I was 5 months old when Tulane beat LSU in 1973 for the first time since 1948, so I have no memories of that, but the event was legend in my childhood. 1981 48-7 over LSU and again in 1982 31-28 over LSU. Then it was a looooong time before any real excitement. 1998 and the perfect season 12-0 and #7 in the nation. Then it all fell apart again. When Tulane hired Willie Fritz, I said to myself this was our last shot to turn things around. If not for all the penalties against Auburn 2 weeks ago, that could have been the statement game. But this one was amazing. On the phone with my dad when it happened and we both went completely NUTS! My poor father has been going to Tulane games since 1946 when Tulane was a real national power. He arrived on campus as a freshman in 1955 and never left. After 52.5 years as professor, he retired and is now a professor emeritus of Chemical Engineering. He absolutely BLEEDS Olive and Blue. All those years of terrible teams with few bright spots. Tonight was something special. All the ridiculous penalties worked to make it even more special in the end. What an amazing finish.

If my dad's long suffering story sounds interesting, check out this article by my cousin. An interesting piece of college football trivia.

I was happy to do a one-and-done column related to Tulane football, but then, less than an hour before I started writing this, Jay Nordlinger at National Review Online wrote a little reminiscence about growing up with famous quarterback and head coach Jim Harbaugh. It’s a fun little blog post, and it gives me leave
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

We had shirts made.. Sandy is a good sport..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            Last edited by Ibtsoom; September 20, 2019, 11:54 AM.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
            X