Ascend FS12T Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak - Olive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascend FS12T Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak - Olive

I picked up this Kayak on Sunday from Bass Pro! Any ideas on making it the best Fishing Kayak?
    Thanks in advance WeldonJ

Get out and paddle it around a bit and see what you want to change. It will become evident pretty quickly. A good seat is a must!
    I really like having an anchor trolley and a rudder.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The seat is most important.

Rudder is optional. Anchor trolley is optional too. I have neither.

Just get out there. Mudge is right. Youll know what you need more than us.

Comment

This thread should now be viewable on the computer.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Id also advise checking www.texaskayakfisherman.com

There is plenty to read there already and people always willing to answer your questions.

No offense meant to this place. That place is just specific to what you are wanting to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
            Get out and paddle it around a bit and see what you want to change. It will become evident pretty quickly. A good seat is a must!
            I really like having an anchor trolley and a rudder.

I agree, I use an anchor trolly and its very beneficial.. except if you move around a lot and then you gotta deal with bringing it in and putting up and dropping it back out. I like to use an anchor pole (i think thats whats its called i just have a broom stick with a rope tied to it), its really good for shallow water and general convineice. But add on stuff periodically, you don't necesscarily need to have everything at once. Go try out the yak and see or feel what would make your experience easier and more efficient at catching feech. Too many accessories could cause great discomfort even for the advanced yakers. A seat is key as well as making your stuff float with noodles or leashes.
            "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Same kayak I have and I like mine a lot. I just added a cleat for my anchor and added a Lowrance Mark 4.
              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Yes , a good seat , I have a seal cushion that has a valve to release air to adjust inflation from REA . The lightest paddle you can afford , a rudder is a must to turn into the wind or drift a shoreline , and a anchor pulley rig to get the anchor to the stern to have the wind to your back . I don't care what others say , that is the best kayak rig you can have . All of those add ons is a must for quality fishing ability . I've never regreted the money spent on them .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

An anchor stick is not deep enough for fishing the surf , guts, deeper water in general . Anchor trolley allows short or long rope to be let out .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

What type of anchor do y'all use ?

Comment

Ascend FS12T Sit-On-Top Angler Kayak - Olive

Bruce claw. They're lightweight and work well.

"Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

May I ask wath type of seat do you have?

Comment

GTS Elite Molded Foam Kayak Seat

Comment

Yeah , claw . Seal cushion .[ATTACH=CONFIG]27315[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27316[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27317[/ATTACH]

Comment

The cushion is the square blue thing with the black valve . It stays inflated until you open the valve while sitting on it and you bleed out air to make it softer . If you fish all day like I do your butt gets numb unless you change the feel of the cushion . Get out and move around , sit with your legs straddled over the sides .

Comment

Working...
                              X