11-16-2013 lake sabine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
    Get back in the boat and chase them birds!
    in retrospect , we should have . No hint of trout when wading which I thought odd. Bait was not obvious , but was there . Shad would , at places , leap out of the water when my corky hit the water . Bait was down . We were exploring and floundering around ( pun intended ) as this was a new fishery for us .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That place is crazy.

Recently we fished it for 7 hours with only catching 5 keeper trout and 1 red.
      On the way back to the boat ramp, with our tails tucked between our legs, we saw a very small group of mullet flicker.

From 230 til dark we filled our limits and released at least 60 trout and very possibly more, one being 5 pounds on the boga. They key there is cover water and go slow. Stop at any inkling of a sign.

Comment

Thanks for the input .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

The next day thinking about the trip , Tim had mentioned how boats were heading south from the ramp . It dawned on me that they were fishing the choke point of the ship channel / jetty for flounder . Dummy , I should have realized that right away .

Comment

Working...
          X