No announcement yet.

New Rigs? Productive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 406 MHz EPIRB almost 100% positive. However I bought mine last year July or August of 2008.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coe I'd put $ on you being 406. They have been phasing them since 206 but it's just now that they are not using he other channel anymore. 406 is just more accurate and has fewer false alarms.

Joe

Comment

I want to get one of those SPOT portable things... Apparently you can program numbers for it to call and alert them that your in trouble...

EX: I'm crusing with the boat and get hung up so bad that I need a boat or another person to help me move it... Cell phone somehow got wet... I could push a button and someone would come out there (hopefully ) I'd have to choose my rescue team wisely

Comment

Scroll down to the section on the SPOT beacon...

Comment

I think we ought to do a FWE/WEA offshore group trip this summer. I can take 3 others on my 23' Robalo (if I ever get it back from Fred at Red Wing). I troll or drift mainly-snapper fishing is boring, but I'll do it drifting platforms. Love kings burning line and dorado jumping. Ling are fun as heck also. I have a 50 mile out range with safety fuel left (125 gallons), twin 115s, so I get about 1 mpg. No epirb, just vhf and cell and almost always am tandemed with brother's 22 Grady cuddy.

Oh, and beer capacity is high.
            Last edited by Robalo; April 22, 2009, 11:59 AM. Reason: Beer.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'll BB with ya... single motor for me and I have the range so...

Ohh and I can take 3 and fish easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                I think we ought to do a FWE/WEA offshore group trip this summer. I can take 3 others on my 23' Robalo (if I ever get it back from Fred at Red Wing). I troll or drift mainly-snapper fishing is boring, but I'll do it drifting platforms. Love kings burning line and dorado jumping. Ling are fun as heck also. I have a 50 mile out range with safety fuel left (125 gallons), twin 115s, so I get about 1 mpg. No epirb, just vhf and cell and almost always am tandemed with brother's 22 Grady cuddy.

Oh, and beer capacity is high.
                I'm in. I'll throw down for beer and gas when the time comes!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  http://www.manifest-tech.com/ce_wire...te_beacons.htm
                  Scroll down to the section on the SPOT beacon...
                  Hey that is pretty cool. I still have to work on getting an EPIRB for the new boat first so I won't be out there all alone... turnin into fish bait!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                    Love kings burning line and dorado jumping. Ling are fun as heck also.
                    Ditto on this part!!! Used to catch a few snapper then go for the othr stuff but that was when you could keep more than 2 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Race1Mopar View Post
                      I haven't done an offshore trip in a good 3 or 4 years and I'm starting to itch! I'm pretty sure I will go out somewhere this year and as usual it will be a month of thinking it out where I want to go. Maybe a good wire leader and some live mullet to spark some action in addition to the normal trolling lures or soak baits.

Has anyone fished the new cluster of platforms out of the jetties I think it's 100089 and 100095 or something like that. I'd say they are out and about a 45 to 50 degree turn to the left and maybe 15 miles out. That's a very quick run if it holds anything. If they don't hold any fish how close are the next set for action? I know they put a lot of new rigs out there.

Also, and going by memory here, it doesn't look to be THAT far by boat from SLP to go straight out to the first set of rigs out of Freeport. How easy is that trip? Or would you really want to?

Btw, 53 gallons, 20 out, 20 in, 13 for buffer. I figure if I run reasonable rpm I'll get pretty good range.

Joe
                      I am planning on trying those this summer for big trout. I want to throw some peewee Ballyhoo around those platforms and see if they are holding any nice fish.
                      I'm sure those rigs will see their share of traffic. I plan on fishing those on Tues. thru Thurs. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays would be a definite "Prop-Wash".
                      "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
                      "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Working...
                      X