No announcement yet.

Reef Building...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, and last year on a 1 foot day, we took the 18 kenner out to 30 miles. Caught red and lane snapper, a warsaw grouper, and a ling! It was a great day. Just made sure to bring a survival bag that included the following: inflatable boat, food, water, flares, rope, a knife, gps, marine radio, batteries, small bottle of crown, waterproof matches, life jackets. all in a bag that sits on the deck. If boat goes down, bag will float. Grab the bag, blow up the boat and have a drink while you use the radio to call for help and the gps to give your coordinates!
    Last edited by Unclehandy; April 21, 2009, 11:41 AM.

Comment

How far offshore would this reef be? I have a 40 gallon tank and plan on purchasing one of those portable 28 gallon pumps. Anyway, I am in for $ 100.00 if I can make it out there on a clam day!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Coe wants to put it in state waters, so it would have to be inside 9 miles.

Comment

Sounds good, put me in for the $ 100 and that bottle of crown I will need in my survival kit
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Were at $400!!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Coe, just let us know when you need the money. I will have to get the wife to send you another check. Boy, fishing is not a cheap sport
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

No rush on anything... As soon as we have enough people committed for the $1,000 I'll ask for the money and make contact to get the reef built!

Comment

I am good for $100, ya'll just have to take me to it a few times

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                    I am good for $100, ya'll just have to take me to it a few times
                    Why? You got a kayak! haha jk

Comment

wish i didnt have to drop 4400 for summer training cruise and another 700 for fire school.

Comment

Kylie, I am assuming you are training to become a fire figther?
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Well my Lord ladies! We've reached $500 dollars which means you've made me throw in an additional $100...

We are now at $600 pledged! WTG!

$400 more and we'll have our own Private Reef!

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                            Kylie, I am assuming you are training to become a fire figther?
                            Its marine firefighting and shipboard safety. i am in the Texas Maritime Academy at TAMUG and that is one of the requirements for going on the training cruise. good news is that i will be going to south and central america this summer and well be able to fish when we get liberty and off the stern of our ship. we should catch something or another.

Comment

Coe, you say it will be private... does that mean we pirate someones boat and take their fish, beer and women (no specific order) if they are not part of FWE!!!!
                              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Kylie Howard View Post
                                Its marine firefighting and shipboard safety. i am in the Texas Maritime Academy at TAMUG and that is one of the requirements for going on the training cruise. good news is that i will be going to south and central america this summer and well be able to fish when we get liberty and off the stern of our ship. we should catch something or another.

Coe, since Kylie is going to school to become a firefighter and he is an Aggie, I will donate another $ 50 ($ 150 total for me and the wife).
                                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                                X