No announcement yet.

My view and tactics of East Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine too, i grew up spending every summer down there in the beach house that was wiped out in Ike, but its rebuilt now so this will be my first summer back there for vaca
    I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

Well said.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice info. I have stayed out of E bay due to only having a flat bottom bone shaker. I'll be checking it out soon with the new ride!!
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

congrats on the new ride!

Comment

Wow!! Great write up!!

Comment

Thanks Cap.

Comment

Thanks. This was very good info,and will be used by most here, I am sure, I know I will use it.

Comment

Glad to help !

Comment

If wading Rollover and surrounding areas near the Islands you better be ready for some mud doggin! It's thick with shell and best on incoming! Ive heard stories of guys having to get pulled out of the mud on the eastern shoreline lol...Sorry can't give anymore info! May be shot if I do so!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Great write up!
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good stuff...I'll have to say march is my favorite time, as 2 of my biggest fish for galveston have come from either the South (27 3/4 8#) or north shoreline(28 1/2 8.5#), both on a redshad assassin in 2 seperate years. I am by no means proficient at East either, but behind Rollover Pass area is good...with out being specific, area to key on for me would be the mud/shell on North side of ICW...tide movement helps! Drains on a out going aren't too shabby either!
                          Don't be a Nancy!
                          If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

I'll offer a bit of commentary on the Rollover area. I have fished the Marsh Point flats inside Rollover twice in June. I launch my kayak from the parking area at Rollover, paddle across the ICW and fish the spoil islands that taper out at Rollover from Bird Island. The gaps that connect East Bay to the ICW have been productive for me early in the morning during the summer, particularly on an incoming or slack tide. I haven't caught any big, big specks but the last I went we caught a limit of solid 18" to 20" fish.

There is alot of good looking shoreline in the Marsh Point area. I have had decent luck picking up reds and flounders in the marsh drains and on points in that area. I haven't seen big schools of reds back there but the last two times I've been back there, I've caught one or two. My guess is that the points and drains are more productive on an outgoing tide. I'll try it again.

I've caught a good number of specks on live shrimp under a popper. I've done equally well on TTF Hackberry Hustlers rigged weedless to cut down on snagging on the shell.

That's my $0.02.
                            "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Working...
                            X