Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Flounders* - 10/26/11

*Ok, not really.

Went out with Uber but he got called back in to do some work. I went to wade a marsh that I haven't been to in forever. I was using a hackberry in morning glory. Bait was busting and I was confident. Two casts in, a solid thump and I pulled up a nice trout. The action continued. The flounder were busting bait up too. I would cast towards dust clouds in the water and would feel them grab hold of the hackberry. I would wait and set the hook. Out of 6 that I found, I landed 1, lost 4 at my feet and lost 1 more before I got it to me. It was just frustrating as the flounders kept laughing at my face when I got ready to land them. Good thing a red saved my day when he crushed my super spook. This is the fish caught between me, Uber and scumlord (while they were out there). Uber and I got a slam and Scumlord was a red short! If Uber didn't have to go, we probably would have done better!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0095.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	570510
    Resident Ninja

John use a smaller bait or you need to add more hooks.If targeting flounder set the hook at 9 or 3 oclock not the normal 12 oclock hookset.Ya'll killed them.Thats a nice mess of fish for westbay.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
      John use a smaller bait or you need to add more hooks.If targeting flounder set the hook at 9 or 3 oclock not the normal 12 oclock hookset.Ya'll killed them.Thats a nice mess of fish for westbay.
      Great hookset advice. Make sure you set the hook hard to get through that boney mouth. Hell, shake the boat when you set it.

Man, West Bay is one fire. If I were fishing this weekend, I wouldn't waist my time in Chocolate. I would be in West Bay.

Comment

Morning glory continues to be the color! Threw back a few undersized reds caught on tops bone ss jr. and lost lots of floundaaass to boot...wish we could fished longer than 5-6pm. Going tomorrow morning anyone that reads this is more than welcome to come with me and reeltime.
        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

East is gonna be off the chain soon!

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
            Great hookset advice. Make sure you set the hook hard to get through that boney mouth. Hell, shake the boat when you set it.

Man, West Bay is one fire. If I were fishing this weekend, I wouldn't waist my time in Chocolate. I would be in West Bay.

X2 .....Set that hook so hard you drive it through the jaw.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post

Yes!! West bay is sick everyone should fish west bay!! Lol
              I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

yall go to bed too early wth have boat and an alarm clock.oh well sat am.

Comment

Nice work J!
                  "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Great report....Nice mess of fish!
                    sigpic
                    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to go guys. Jealous! Thanks for the rig tip for flounder Reeltime! Never thought of that. Learn sumthin' new every day.
                      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Were's the pic's of that mess of fish we caught this morning.......ya'll youngster must be napping or still fishing.heeheeheee

Comment

Nice fish! Nothing like watching a big flounder sink back to the bottom...hehe

Comment

Working...
                          X