Quick Un-Plan Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Un-Plan Trip

Change the plugs on my trolling motor and decided it needed a on the water check. Called Pat and said let's go. In the water by 11:30 and out at 2:15. Hard winds but water looked good in our area. First drift had a double hook-up. I got my 24" Red to the boat but Pat's new line snapped and he lost his.

Made another drift in that area and started picking up some nice Specs on TTF Flats minnows and White/Red Mirrorlure Catch 2000. Continued drifts picking up Specs and a couple (Pat's) Flounder.

Finished up with 18 Specs, 1 Red and 2 Flounder all C&R'ed ..,Not bad for 3 hours bouncing in the high winds. Retirement is starting to be a lot of fun!

Good Fishing!
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweet
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I want to retire! :P Nicce fish!
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Originally posted by Jhua View Post
        I want to retire! :P Nicce fish!
        Don't you have to graduate first?

Tom, great fish. Good work.
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Nice catch. Thanks for the report. I need to get out and fish!
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

nice report!

Comment

Good to see you're escaping the honey-do's.....FOR NOW! Pat isn't using that red line like 'ol WD is he?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Good to see you're escaping the honey-do's.....FOR NOW! Pat isn't using that red line like 'ol WD is he?
                Hey Randy, he is using Berkley NanoFil. After reading a few reviews, they say it has a tendency to break. Pat has fished with it 3 times and has had 4 breaks..., he is switching back to PowerPro. He also ordered some Windtamer.... I think he will be pleased.

Comment

Nice

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice job!
                    Thanks for the heads up about NanoFil.!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

When did you retire Tom? Congrats!
                      Sounds like another typical great day on the water for you! Very nice!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Damn you killed it!!! Good job and thanks for the report...I'm sure we'll be seein ya on the water!!!
                        I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                          When did you retire Tom? Congrats!
                          Sounds like another typical great day on the water for you! Very nice!
                          Called it quits on 5/1 after 37 years. No more planes, hotels and rental cars..., just fishing and enjoying life. Pat retired a couple of years ago and and our wives now know where we are most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                            Low Blow To Tall, I quite using that cheap crap many years ago. Heck I just quit fishing period just about but possible just possible this wk end. Trinity is heating up nicely and my new custom rod needs a work out.

Give a call when you can, the 3 Amigos might be back in the water this Sun.

wd

Comment

Working...
                            X