Evening fishing frenzy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening fishing frenzy

Went catching with a best friend of mine from high school who happens to be Jocues nephew (I think). Decided to take it easy and skip the morning and afternoon bites and just drink a few beers and sight cast some reds and trout with soft plastics. My wrist has been killing me lately and I think it's from throwing tops all day. I remember only feeling that pain when I first started back with Moe and it only lasted a few days and it's gotten numb since.

It was pretty cool to see the different phases of the fish feeding. They start out just making wakes in the water, the next step is them making little slooshes here and there and about 30 minutes later you will see both reds and trout just exploding on bait in the water in an all out frenzy. We decided to pull wide and anchor up.

We keyed in on active bait and we moved around a LOT until we found them.

The bait of the day was glo TK2's double popped on bottom. Shrimp pro-cure scent that everyone gives me a hard time about once again out fished the standard tk2 on bottom. It allows the reds (no flounder but works the same) to hold onto it for a lot longer. You can really see the difference when the original TK2 is hooked on his lip and the others hooked down in their stomach bring a good pair of pliers! You can buy it at FTU or marburgers. One extra red pictured that was caught the day before (the super frozen one on the left lol). Bo kept a few and we ended up with limits of both trout and reds a piece. Not shabby. We should have gone for the triple limit slam but those reds wore us out so didn't really feel like slapping on the gulps - no patience for flounder fishing!!!!

Any red over 28" was CPR'd but fun! We caught a bunch of 18-19" reds as well that didn't make the cut but that was ok because we had limits fairly quickly on the trout killers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	redsandtrout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	570675
    Last edited by ubermensch1324; November 14, 2011, 11:48 AM.
    I set my hook like I am fishing for tuna even if I am fishing for trout. Call me tuna Joe!

wtg- Uber
    if you fished with Bo, thats my nephew

Comment

nice mess of fish guys!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk

Comment

Geeze, Sonny! Save some for the rest of us! I haven't had the time to insall the weedeater on my yak yet! LOL!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
          X