Late Flounder Run?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late Flounder Run?

Anyone else concerned about there being a late flounder run this year, possibly into December when the limit goes back to 5? The water temp just isn't cold enough yet, but maybe with the cold front today, it might get it below 65 F to get those big females moving out. Where I fish in the Galveston Channel at the Army Corp docks, the flounder fishing is steady, but nothing like it was last year this time when every other cast was a big female. I'm just a little concerned about a late run into December when the limit goes back to 5. I'm thinking about just sticking to the 2 fish limit, because every Tom, Dick and Harry is gonna be taking 5, right at the height of the run.

That's why I only take what I can eat...
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I will make 1 trip to get my 5, but they don't hit tops much so 1 trip is about all I can take.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I didn't get to go gigging like I usually do so I may go in December.
        Resident Ninja

Comment

Yea, flounder aren't there much yet, but still not hard to catch your 2. I kind of like it now because its not so crowded.

Comment

Yeah I like the 2 fish limit because I can usually get it within an hour then back home before dark during the week.

Comment

Working...
            X