Juicy Booty Bridge- 12/3/11 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicy Booty Bridge- 12/3/11 Report

Cameron (Fathernson I believe) and I left the boat ramp before the sun even came up. We were hoping for a good haul before the winds were projected to pick up. We arrived at our first spot at around 6:30. It was a shallow shell/ mud flat. Thank goodness for quick clips because I couldn't see in front of me to tie anything. I put on a morning glory TTF Flush while Cameron went with the black/ silver spook. As the sun inched higher from the horizon, we saw absolutely no bait on this flat. We trolled further up, in hopes of some more promising signs.

We reached the end of the shell/ mud flat. I made a cast towards some structure and a few twitches...*BLOOSH* A fish blew past the flush. My heart was racing and I gave it two twitches and paused. *pop* the fish hit it again...* splash* drag peels- FISH ON! The fish hit the bait 8 feet from the boat and the blow up was a thrill. My reel was screaming as the fish made its run. I gained line and the fish took the line back. Cameron was standing by with the net. The fish made a brief appearance at the boat. The low light and fish shape made it look like a red. The fish then peeled off under the boat causing slack in my line- which I quickly gained. The fish was fighting harder now after the pass at the boat. Finally, I pulled the fish up and Cameron made a scoop and picked up the fish. The fish almost flopped out of the net since it didn't fit! For the second time this year (and my life) I landed a 25+ in trout. This trout went 27 inches and was much fatter than the one I caught last week. This time too, I took great care of it and released it back where it belongs.

We had not much luck after that. We moved to a few spots and finally settled at Juicy Booty Bridge. We arrived and we trolled up to the pilings and started pitching our soft plastics. After a pass, we worked the opposite side. Cameron popped up his plum/ chartreuse TKII and was greeted with a hit and FISH ON! The red was a monster as it threw water up everywhere! It was very exciting as we had to maneuver around the pilings so the fish wouldn't come off. There were times when Cameron's whole rod was in the water as he battled it out. This fish wouldn't fit in the net either! It was a 31 inch fat redfish. We headed in by noon with a few keeper trout in the box for some tacos. We didn't get haul but i'm not complaining! Thanks again Cameron! Sorry for the edit :/
    Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2_4.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	570819Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2_8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	570820Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2_10.jpg
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	570821Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2_12.jpg
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	570822Click image for larger version

Name:	imagejpeg_2_13.jpg
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	570823
    Resident Ninja

It was a fun trip man hahah i like the edit. Il give u a holler soon for another trip.
    Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Great report and nice fish! Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Troutmaster J!
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

great report I love the enthusiasm you have ,most all of us started in a jon boat way to go man fishing is a life long sport and I love it.

Comment

Where was that again?
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Juicy Booty Bridge? Let's just say it got it's name from graffiti.
              Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice!!!

AQUA PIMP
                AQUA PIMP......
                "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Great report. Great pics. Congrats to both of you for a job well done.

Comment

Holy Smokes !!! Nice no real nice !! Thanks for the pic
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

you got the hot hand. keep at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        you got the hot hand. keep at it.
                        Unfortunately, a hot hand has to go cold sometimes! But i'll try!
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Man i was scared to click on this thread i thought it might offend my thin skin with some derogatory message.You are kickin trout and takin pic's of some sweet trout Jpimp.
                          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Catching those big uns is what you remember most! Great job!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X