French town road 12/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French town road 12/4

Well I decided to take the yak out to fish the barge and old shrimp boat docks but the waves forced me to hug the shore line and work old hot spots out there. Since Ike that area has never been the same. I worked the rock line and a couple of guts that use to be there but are no longer as dramatic and found a flounder holding tight to structure. Then the tide went slack and the sand trout came pouring in. I was throwing a 1/8oz with a chart./hot orange kelley wiggler when I caught my fish. I tried plum/chart, glow/chart, red/white, and white/hot pink in TTF flats minnows, BA's, and Hogie shrimp tails and the only color that hit was the chart./hot orange. I also reluctantly tossed gulp with nothing but pin fish and piggies messing with it. So I ended the day with a 15 1/2" flounder that was CPR'd to swim another day. I will be in the galveston ship channel tomorrow.
    Son of the Republic

Thanks for the report.I may hit the area friday.I have always had better luck at the begining of the incoming over there.
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good luck
      KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Nice report. Thanks.
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Working...
        X