Ferry Landing late report.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferry Landing late report.

I went out to the ferry landing on Monday this week in search of some BIG flounder. I waded up and down the shore line walking towards the yacht basin. The tide was very low so I could almost get to the break wall. I was tossing a wedge tail tipped with shrimp working very slowly around any structure I could find.

I didn't get a bite until I was on my walk back to get out of the water and a 18" flounder picked it up and started running with it. I thought I had a red but when it surfaced I was thrilled to see that it was my target species.

There was a older gentle man fishing on the ferry docking side fishing with mullet that picked up 2 over 20" when I walked back to the car. The big girls should still be out there some where along the channel edge tight to structure. This is the time of year I find my biggest fish in the Galveston channel typically on live shrimp fished on a Carolina rig using a 1/16oz or 1/8oz egg weight depending on current.

The reason I switch to shrimp this late in the year the Big flounder do not want to exhort a lot of effort to snag a meal and shrimp move very slow in cold water. Mullet and mud fish are to lively for me this time of year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	downsized_1226011320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	571051
    Son of the Republic

Nice. Good info on the schrimp.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
    X