Galveston bay limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston bay limit

Well after hitting chocolate/west bay Thursday/Friday i took Saturday off. I met up with bouy37 Saturday morning to make a run to marburgers for a few must have things, we also discussed getting together Sunday for some fishing. It was decided that we would wing it depending on the weather, clear lake, gbay or maybe even a run to trinity. On my way to the ramp in clear lake i heard from bouy37, he was running about a hour behind me. I told him to call me back when he and CTC got the boat launched, i would scout ahead. I bounced around clear lake picking up a rat red, several dink trout and 1 keeper. The skies were starting to turn ugly, when i decided to run out into the bay to get away from it all.
    I got down around the Bacliff area and called bouy to check on them. They were in clear lake getting dumped on. I told the i was going to hang out were i was and try to find some fish. I eased up to the old HL&P discharge area and popped my 2 keeper. About that time the wind kicked up out of the north real good, in no time the whole bay is cappin good.
    A little thunder and lighting to go with it. Time to hunker down, out comes the anchor, and a hunkering i do. While hunkering i decided to throw a mirrodine, theres still a couple of birds looking at something. Well guess what....the dang bird goes after my lure, and hes gets it, right in the beak. Now im fighting a bird 50 feet in the air, taking rollers over the bow and my phone rings. Its bouy checking on me from his house. After they got dumped on they called it a day.
    I told him i was going to ride it out. Then i reeled bird (down) in and the hook was just wrapped on his beak.
    The bird was released with out harm. After that i just sat there for about 30 more minutes and low and behold the wind died and the skies cleared. After that mess i made a run all they back up to the seabrook shoreline to a little spot Bouy showed me last year. And it paid off with 6 keepers and a bunch of dinks and sandies. Called Bouy and suggested he meet me at the ramp to join me. It was decided the CTC would forgo watching the Texans and join him once again. I took off the check out another spot, while they got back in water. The other spot produced nothing, and within a hour we had both boats back at Bouys secret spot. The fishing had slowed, but we all caught a few and i was able to complete my limit.
    All in all a good day and a little craziness on the water.....
    castaway300
    Attached Files

Galveston bay limit

Way to hang in there!
    That N wind blew thru rather fast!
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Galveston bay limit

Good job hanging in there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another adventure on the sea of life. Good going on the fish nad thanks for the report!

Comment

Hey, I recognize that BlueWave!
          Great report, Way to catch & release the bird.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice going!! -- and good to know Bouy is still alive!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Good for you guys!We also had our run in with mother nature,although brief we still got wet as heck We got on em early and headed in during the weather spell!!
              West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Originally posted by Rollo View Post
                Good for you guys!We also had our run in with mother nature,although brief we still got wet as heck We got on em early and headed in during the weather spell!!
                Chris probably needed a shower anyway..
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                X