Grinded it out in GSC -- 12/24/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinded it out in GSC -- 12/24/12

Today I made my last flounder run trip in the GSC for this year. I focused on fishing the strong incoming tide which occurred midday, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. It was definitely a grind for the first couple hours, but eventually the bite turned on when the water level got back to normal.

I tried some new lures including the Bomber Mud Minnow curly tails in hot pink and Bomber Life-Like 3.5" Shrimp in New Penny color. Both lures I rigged on a 1/4 ounce jighead.

Similar to last week, most of the fish were caught today in well protected waters, especially in shallow corners (< 2 feet) of some bulkheads and rip-rap structure. I just pitched the lures into the corner and slowly bounced them down the gradual drop off to deeper water. Most of the flounder were striking the lures tight up against the rip-rap or directly along the bulkheads, then immediately swam off to deeper water about 50 feet away and buried down to swallow the bait. This behavior indicated to me that there were several flounder stacked up in a relatively small area with little or no bait present. Almost seemed like they were fighting over my lure because as soon as I would throw back to the same spot, another flounder would immediately pounce on the lure and haul butt to the deep water away from the other flounder.

Anyway, I caught and released about a dozen flounder in the 15"-18" range while searching for some bigger fish.
    Ended up grinding out a limit of nice flounder from 17" to 23".Click image for larger version

Name:	PC220010.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	573223Click image for larger version

Name:	PC220003.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	573224

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Great string and enjoyed the report. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Once again, NICE job !!!

Comment

Working...
      X