Upper G-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper G-Bay

Woke up around 5 and figured it was a sign that I should go. Looked at wind forecast and it showed 5-7 all morning. Loaded up and picked up my brother. He's not a lure fisherman so I've been trying to convince him. We didn't start until after 8. Not much nervous bait. No slicks but I saw enough to keep me fishing. There was barely any tide movement. Slowly going out. Started out throwing plugs but no takers. I switched to Trout Killer in Who Dat and landed a 24"er. Right after that a bigger trout that broke off. Remind me to never buy Trilene again. I had about four break offs. Literally breaking without fish on. Cast one minute and the next time you cast it breaks in half. Well we worked hard for them. I strung 9 trout up to 24" and my brother hit 4 trout up to 20". MeThey weren't very aggressive today. Caught in 5' of water. We had to fish chest deep to get to them. Waders full of water. Oh well. Fish caught on Trout Killers and Lil Johns. First time using Lil Johns. Will start using them more often. Good bait.

Few of the fish on the stringer are sand trout. Some were pushing 16-17". Tapatalk won't upload my picture

Nice job! Little johns catch . Try some stren if you like mono.

Comment

You can also wind up with a bad batch or old mono from time to time. Whatever the cause, it sux.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good job....thanks for the info. I see you definitely like that who dat and so do the trout.

Comment

Nice job buddy.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

You had a great day dispute the line . Yea , something was not right with your line for it to do that whatever the brand .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Comment

What colors where they hitting.

Comment

Used Who Dat Trout Killer and Pink Lil John. High pressure blue skies and little wind. Had to bounce the bait very slow. Bite was subtle.

Comment

WTG, nice stringer..

Comment

Working...
                      X