Back at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back at it again

Headed back out to the same spot I hit last week. Started at 8:30 since tide was later today. Water was a little higher than last time. I actually almost drowned. Someone seemed to unspool their reel of braid. It got caught up on the reef and I got all tangled in it. It completely wrapped around my legs and prevented me from walking. Storms came in and water was at my neck from waves and I have this braid around my legs. Scariest feeling I tell you. Anyway I was throwing small plastics and soft dines. Fish were better quality today. The two biggest fish came around 11 when the sun was beaming. I kept getting bit as soon as the plastic hit the water so I decided to throw a spook jr. Three casts, two solid fish. Ended up with 8 trout and a red. Shoulda had limit but I spent some time trying to get braid off to no avail.

Forgot to mention trout were 17-22". Redfish was about 22.5"

Comment

Nice going buddy. That sucks that people leave that stuff and not take it with them. Glad you're ok.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice catching and glad you got untangled.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Great report and glad you're alright. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Nice haul

Comment

Great looking stringer, trout wader. Good thing you got to that braid before it got into someone's prop! J/k...glad you made it ok.

Comment

Well , that would have been an embarrassing way to die . That would be hard to explain . Nice stringer .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice stringer. That's sounds pretty scary getting tangled up like that in deep water.

Comment

Excellent fish! Sorry to hear about the braid.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                    X