Any tips for fall / winter Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for fall / winter Fishing

I keep working kema area and north trying to learn that area , dead shrimp will get you something to real in most days, just not a keeper . Found out the abandon platform straight out has lots of wasps around so watch it.

If you haven't tried it yet, you might want to fish Galveston bay. Launch at the end of the TC dike and hit spots on your hook and line map. Lots of bait stands and accessible spots to hunt down some fish. This time of year is some of the best fishing you'll encounter.

Comment

Chocolate Bay and bayou can be sweet in winter. Seems like I spend most of my winters in West bay, though.
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

You want to try Chocolate up above the bridge I'll PM you my spots. Haven't tried drifting that much in the Choc. bay last few years but in winter stick close to the channel for deeper water spots or if the weather stays well for several days then drift. Long reef or the Wharton Camp side is good also and Wharton camp side is sandy bottom for flatfish.
        Sounds like your rig is well rigged out for skinny water navigating but you may want to check GE and get a lay of the bay.
        If you prefer live bait, stop at Lutes and launch there. Or hit Petersons or launch at the 2004 bridge.
        Lots of options. You can go west to the pass or east to the causeway and follow the ICW.
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Working...
        X