Big Flatties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Flatties

....here is the report from down by the Channel this past several days. Lack of tidal movement has slowed down the action for this years Flounder migration. Been thinking this year has been running behind as we haven't seen too many big girls as is the case by this time of year in the past. Good friend was sitting on top of the leader board at the Yacht Basin with a solid 6.8lb fish, but that lasted all of 23hrs. Day later some other fellow weighed in a sow that went mid seven pounds or so.
    Haven't seen a pic yet but a very reliable source told me yesterday afternoon of a gentleman that snagged a real sow that was 33" and weighed just over nine and a half pounds. Was caught on the end of the outcoming tide in about nine feet of water midway down the ledge by the Red Crab Trap that's tied to the second Palm tree.
    Don't have a report on what they were using for bait but know it wasn't a Gulp as they don't use store bought baits.
    ....remember, we are back to five flatties a day now.

.... Red crab trap , tied to second palm tree ...
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

More Mumbo-Jumbo.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
        More Mumbo-Jumbo.
        Yep
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

...it's next to the pipeline on the South shoreline of Pelican.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda340 View Post
            Hey that's my favorite spot, also under the bridge.
            At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda340 View Post
              Whoa now!!#
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X