early summer redfish holding patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• early summer redfish holding patterns

What kinda bottom structure should I looking to find reds in early summer, I don't know the holding patterns from a boat fishing aspect because It's always been wading near wherever I could access the water or bank/pier fishing. I can use maps to find reefs and sand bars but I know they hang over muddy bottoms sometimes and Sandy with scattered shell at other times. I'm just asking for some help narrowing it down, not any specific honey hole. It's a BIG bay complex with allot of options. My wife has never experienced the thrill of fighting a slot sized red and I can't find them to put her on any. I can idle my boat through 2 feet of water but I can't get too shallow to get in back marshes and such.
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

Concentrate along grass shorelines and also on reefs. Grass-throw as close as you can-the reds are in the grass eating snails. Reefs-they are working the shell edges for baitfish/meals.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

grass...then look for grass...finally look for grass
      sigpic

Comment

I appreciate it guys.
        Mike Mathena

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
          grass...then look for grass...finally look for grass
          Well I shouldn't have any problems getting to the grass after all this rain.
          Mike Mathena

Comment

Working...
          X