FINALLY!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY!!!

I finally got out on the water after almost a month of couch-potatoing (got out once and got skunked last week). Found these on the in-coming tide this morning. Wind was down and the mullet gave them up. Trout were chasing the mullet and all you had to do was keep your eyes open and cast to the "swoosh" as the trout were chasing them to the surface.
    Started out with topwaters, but even though they were chasing mullet on top, they wanted none of my floaters, so I went down with a clear/plum/chartruse soft plastic and hammered them. They started biting at daylight and shut down at around 9. Water is clearing up in Galveston Bay.

Caught over 12, and released a lot of big females. Kept these for my friend Eddie and his kids (get hugs from his little girls when I bring them fish).

Click image for larger version

Name:	5-21-15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	576303
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Solid. I'll be there in the morning, all smiles.

Comment

Lol. Them slammin' chickens are deadly, brah.

Comment

Sweet...nice going John.

Comment

Heck yeah!
          TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

What times dinner
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice catching!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Very nice!!! Thanks for the report.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Yes Sir ! The weather has been tough , especially for those of us who can fish only certain days . Being close to the water is an advantage I don't have either . So , heck , I'll give you hugs for fish too ! Not the same , huh ? How about you better give me some fillets or I will hug you threat !
                  I was scrolling through my pictures I had taken during past fishing trips . Dang , it really made me miss being out there on the water . Get ' em when you can buddy !
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice looking fish Termo! Way to get 'em!
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      Yes Sir ! The weather has been tough , especially for those of us who can fish only certain days . Being close to the water is an advantage I don't have either . So , heck , I'll give you hugs for fish too ! Not the same , huh ? How about you better give me some fillets or I will hug you threat !
                      I was scrolling through my pictures I had taken during past fishing trips . Dang , it really made me miss being out there on the water . Get ' em when you can buddy !
                      Thanks everyone! Go get 'em....they're there!

Henry.......you can have my fish!!!!! JUST NO HUGS---PLEASE! Two old farts hugging is just WRONG! HAR!
                      Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                      "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Way to get 'em, Blue! Looks like a good 4#er in that mix. What a difference a day makes. With the 20 winds from the east and chocolate milk water, all I could manage was gaff-o-tops this morning.
                        I had one push four. I'm told CCA gives boats for them nasty farks. Lmao. BTW them slam in chickens got moxy.

Comment

Did I tell you good catch.

Comment

Winds laying tonight.

Comment

Galvo bays on fire.

Comment

Working...
                              X