7-11 Dollar/Moses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7-11 Dollar/Moses

Wind was blowing pretty good, channel 26 and 13 weather apps were saying it was 11mph but it seemed more like 15+, water was green and kinda salty. my depth finder was reading 90 degrees for the water temp, not sure if that was right.
    We put in a little late, around 10 and hit dollar reef, no birds around working like last weekend so we tried to find the deep edge of the reef but never did. We went back up toward the flood gate and made 2 drifts along the shore line, there were plenty of mullet but no bites. We anchored around the flood gate a couple hundred feet past where the current calmed down and no bites. We then went and tried the big yellow gas well and couldn't get the anchor to grab because the swells were like 2+ feet but my wife managed to catch a 16 inch trout that got it's pic taken and put back on a plum and chartreuse paddle tale about 150 foot off the well. We headed back and went inside the gate and tried some grassy areas , on the left, I seen a few nice trout nail some smaller mullet as they were coming out of the water. That was pretty cool to witness, but we couldn't get a hook up only a couple nice strikes, on the way out I noticed a 30 foot deep hole so we cut up the one mullet that I kept and went to the bottom.........nothing. Noticed the depth finder showing fish cruising toward the gates at about 15 foot deep so I dropped my chunk of mullet down to that depth still nothing.
    I scooped up allot trash out of the bay with the net but only the wife's one fish. But that was her biggest trout and she was soo excited.
    We got off the water about 6:30. It was a nice day inside the gate just too dang rough out in the bay.
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-07-11 21.43.53.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	562103
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

Comment

Thanks for the report . It's been a little tough out there , but , you got a keeper trout !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the fish report.
        "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Nice report.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Flounderpounder420 View Post
            Thanks for the fish report.
            X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On days like that I'm always happy I got the one!
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
              X