Much awaited maiden voyage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 007 View Post
    Wish I would have had a video camera when the Hooters 38' Fountain with quad 300's tried to launch at the KOA camp in SLP. They tried to head straight out thru the lagoon.......NOT!!!!!
    I've seen quite a few deep v boats run straight out of fat boys. Till they make friends with mud and shell
    Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

hey jeremy....ive been hard at work this week and have not been online much so
      i missed all the jeremy/chip /trailer drama....but it made me remember that time i got a phone call from one unnamed extra tall guy who was stuck in thigh deep sand in his MINIVAN a couple hundred yards from the toll booth at slp and i had to come out there and pull him out.....dont sweat it my man we all have "that day" congrats on your new boat....and all the joys ,trials and tribulations of new boat ownership!!
      Captain Glenn Stevens
      Coastal Guide Service
      www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
        hey jeremy....ive been hard at work this week and have not been online much so
        i missed all the jeremy/chip /trailer drama....but it made me remember that time i got a phone call from one unnamed extra tall guy who was stuck in thigh deep sand in his MINIVAN a couple hundred yards from the toll booth at slp and i had to come out there and pull him out.....dont sweat it my man we all have "that day" congrats on your new boat....and all the joys ,trials and tribulations of new boat ownership!!
        Yeah.....I remember that.....And Jeremy was there with me!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
          That is ok it is your turn this weekend!!! I could hear you laughing in the video!!
          He was laughing harder than me and trying to contain himself. I told him the bad news was that he was next and I would make sure that I have the video working on him also. I thing we need to have a contest and take 2 trailers down there.....then let you both try at the same time! Now that would be some funny S__T!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good Stuff, don't take it so hard JKid...
            BTW,
            you might want to add a back up alarm on the trailer...

Congrats on the new rig, tell David I said Hi!

wd

Comment

Backin a trailer

Yeah, there's only one way to learn to back the trailer and that is to do it about 100 times. After 35 years, like me, you'll be a pro!!!

Comment

Sweet maiden trip, glad you got some slime in the boat.

Ask Coe or Kylie about my trailer-backing skills.

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                  He was laughing harder than me and trying to contain himself. I told him the bad news was that he was next and I would make sure that I have the video working on him also. I thing we need to have a contest and take 2 trailers down there.....then let you both try at the same time! Now that would be some funny S__T!
                  No more video. Not even of David.

Originally posted by Bluewaver View Post

Good Stuff, don't take it so hard JKid...
                  BTW,
                  you might want to add a back up alarm on the trailer...

Congrats on the new rig, tell David I said Hi!

wd
                  Different David Walt, but I did talk to that David this morning. I will tell him you said hi.

Comment

Wish I could have seen the video but glad you got a boat! I am sure you will load it up with quality fish soon. See you on the water soon.

Comment

Thanks Kevin. You know where I will be until it warms up.

Comment

Congratulations on the boat !! Go for it... keep practicing and get help learning the bays. I got MY FIRST boat in 2005 and haven't used it much until 2009 when I determined to learn to back up, launch, retreive and get people to help me learn the bays and not get piled up on a reef---I'm 60 years old and not far ahead of you on the learning curve, so don't feel bad and don't be intimidated by the challenge. Everyone starts at the beginning, man. By the way , the guys here are the most helpful for this than anywhere.
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I've got it now. I backed Chip up on Sunday. Then he left early and I loaded it 100% by myself and got it in the driveway. Only gets better from here!! Now I need to learn the reefs, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                            I've got it now. I backed Chip up on Sunday. Then he left early and I loaded it 100% by myself and got it in the driveway. Only gets better from here!! Now I need to learn the reefs, lol.
                            GPS.....nuff said!
                            sigpic

Comment

Crud, missed the video...404 error.
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X