Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mell Wader
    replied
    No that's a trophy Jack Chip! Good job guys. Chip what reel did you catch the Jack on?

Leave a comment:

• FP10
    replied
    Nice!!

Leave a comment:

• slyell
    replied
    Sounds like alot of fun!

Leave a comment:

• nokatchin
    replied
    Sounds like a nice day.congrats on the catch

Leave a comment:

• txwhaler 22
    replied
    Fun afternoon with hammertime and the greek!
    tons and tons of bait but the bite was not there
    watchin those Jacks rip through pods of bait 10 -20 feet ft in front
    of your wade is a trip! absolutely beautiful evening
    Attached Files
    Last edited by txwhaler 22; April 28, 2010, 12:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• imhammer
    started a topic Jacked Up!

Jacked Up!

Our plan to go to East was derailed by the howling NE winds so we hit a protected area in Lower Galv Bay.
    While pulling in we saw waves breaking over what appeared to be a reef and we all said.......Where did that reef come from, it's not on the gps and I've never seen one there. We slowed down and pulled in closer and saw that it was a big school of Jacks blasting mullet, so we decided to have some fun. I chunked out a super spook and Capt Glenn threw over me, so I started reeling in fast and a big jack crushed it right beside the boat. The fight was on for about 30 minutes and she bent 5 of the hooks completely out and broke one off. Managed to land her and get her back in and we decided that was enough of that.
    The water looked awesome and there was tons of bait, so we thought that we were going to have a stellar day. The fish decided they weren't hungry, but we plugged away until dark and only caught 3 trout. We did have quite a few blow ups that didn't stick.
    It was a beautiful day to be out and had a great time.

The super spook after the jack
Working...
X