Marathon Fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marathon Fishing

Fishing has been slow over the last couple of weeks because of the sporadic conditions; the weather has been all over the place. I have caught good numbers of trout on a few outings with the rare fish over 3 or 4 lbs, but for the most part the average size has left much to be desired.

Raymond and I fished two different spots yesterday and were on the water before sunup and didn’t get off the water until well after dark. Yesterday’s outing was a grind in every sense of the word. We fished for over 12 hours during near freezing temperatures the entire day. And to add to the drudgery we didn’t get a single bite all day until after dusk.

We landed at least a dozen reds to 27″ in an area where we traditionally catch mostly trout. During the redfish frenzy I also managed to catch the lone trout of the day, a solid 4lb fish. The lures we have had the most success on are Gambler Flapp’N Shad, TTF Flats Minnow and TTF Hackberry Hustler’s in morning glory, liquid shrimp, mumpy glo, and matagorda magic.

Additional photos and full report here...
    http://castingtales.wordpress.com/20...athon-fishing/

Here’ a few pictures from the last couple of weeks of fishing…

Way to go after them!
    BTW: I'm beginning to get jealous every time I see your posts! Keep up the good work!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

good pics!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

nice report...love the sun set pic

Comment

Outstanding pics! Good job
          sigpic

Comment

Nice grind,congrats on the catch
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Those are some great pics JP! Keep it up!
              "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
              X