Clear All

• 1/3 Report - Covered some water today

Conditons:
    Wind - E 10
    Clear water
    outgoing tide in morning, incoming in the afternoon
    Pressure - unknown
    water temp - 55

I am giving you these conditions, because I would have thought yesterday was going to be a great day for fishing. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but I covered a lot of water yesterday and managed one dink.

1. Started off at a mid bay reef, throwing pink corky, nothing
    2. Moved to north shoreline, not much water, left to Confederates.
    3. I think I saw Aqua Pimp with some clients fishing a spot I wanted to stop at, but moved on to wade another area. Still throwing corky, nothing.
    4. Went to the reef by Sportmans road, still throwing corky, nothing
    5. Drifted confederates reef, throwing plum and chart. sand eel, nothing.
    6. Went to Greens, not much water and when I got to one of the channels, there was a boat fishing, so I did the right thing and left the area. Left Greens to go back to Confederates.
    7. Saw some mud streaks closer to the north shorline, so I drifted those and managed the 1 dink on the plum and chart sand eel. 8 to 10 more boats showed up and I did not see anyone catching anything. I did stop and talk to another fishermen that was drifting the same area and he had a few trout in the box. The key was fishing really slow off the bottom, which I was doing, but might have been retrieving to quickly.
    8. Left confederates around 2:30 to catch the incoming tide in a south shoreline cove. Jumped into Snake Island, nothing!!
    9. Crossed over to Chocolate and the water was really off color (I guess due to the rain), nothing.
    10. Left there and went home. Could not take anymore after 7 hours of grinding it out.

Maybe I should have stayed by Confederates and fished in the incoming, but I don't think my back would have allowed me!

OH WELL, I could have been working.
    Last edited by Explorer21; January 4, 2011, 09:08 AM.
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

how was fishing really slow off the bottom the key?

Comment

What I meant was the guy I stopped and talked to said he was working it slow off the bottom, which did not help me one bit.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Tough day...
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the report. I found a good bite from around 10-12 (major) and that was it. Grinding for sure

Comment

Alex,
            I fished the major and minor, nothing. Good going out there!
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Very good report Big Mike. Sometimes on slow dyas like that, you get to know the bay better.

Comment

I agree, but it would be nice to get a few thumps
                LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Working...
                X