Bait in shallower waters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait in shallower waters

Waded sportsman and the water was kind of muddy from the N winds. I noticed a TON of mullet jumpin around in the back shallows and in waters as shallow has knee high. Reminded me of summer time

Originally posted by sfef84 View Post
    I noticed a TON of mullet jumpin around in the back shallows and in waters as shallow has knee high. Reminded me of summer time
    Thats where your topwater or Corky needed to be!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
    Last edited by aqua pimp; January 6, 2011, 05:07 PM.
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

If the bait is there, the fish aren't far off... Drop a topwater or Corky bomb on them for a while and see what happens.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Saw the same thing in Greens yesterday, but the water was so far out I could not get my boat in there or at least I did not want to try
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

i had the same action on the spoils of chocolate bay yesterday the mirrodine XL had them interested I had a big girlpull off very shallow
          Last edited by dbarham; January 8, 2011, 09:29 PM.
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

I did that at the TCD the other day to no avail. Sometimes they just don't bite or not there....... But at least you weren't sitting on the couch! Next time!
            Last edited by rtoler; January 8, 2011, 10:23 PM.
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

Dang, I should have hit Sportsman's this morning! I drove down and fished Dana's cove with nothing to show for it. Tried to locate bait and saw minimal activity. Tough day today.

Comment

Originally posted by FishOn View Post
                Dang, I should have hit Sportsman's this morning! I drove down and fished Dana's cove with nothing to show for it. Tried to locate bait and saw minimal activity. Tough day today.
                Was there two of you wading out by that outcrop of grass in the water.We were out there and made a short drift and went to greener pastures.
                I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Yeah, that might have been us. we moved a little farther west after awhile so nojt sure though.

Comment

I waded Dana with a friend from 7 am to noon Saturday. No baitfish and no bites. Wished I could have found something.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                      I waded Dana with a friend from 7 am to noon Saturday. No baitfish and no bites. Wished I could have found something.
                      at least you were there great spot this time of year good try!
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks! We were looking for pigs. Hopefully my suffering will make me a better fisherman!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                        X