Upper Bay Shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Bay Shell

It was gray and misting this morn when I went out. Had an outgoing tide and a WNW wind about 10 mph.
    First cast I get a hard thump and a shake, then drag, comes up and it's a big Redfish Doh!
    A few casts later a fish inhaled the Catch Jr. and it was a 4.5# trout, which turned out to be the biggest of the morning, but they were all solid fish. The bite was good early, then I picked up one here and one there. I'm not sure how many because I'm old! LOL
    The waders and kayakers showed up and lined up along the reef which made me change my original drift so I didn't fark up their fishing.(new kenny) Although I'm sure they did, I didn't see one guy catch a fish......
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Way to get out there, Kenny.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

nice report...i love it when they set up and anchor right in your drift...im yakker but there are those type guys...actually in both boat and yak lol....but sounds like you had a pretty good day. keep them lines tight

Comment

Hit pretty much the same spot this afternoon. Managed a couple of trout and a couple of reds.

Two other boats out there and every time I hooked one they would troll over in front of me and start casting into the wind. I think all they accomplished was screwing up my drift and back lashing their reels. LOL!

First time out since thanksgiving so it was good to be on the water again.
        Honk if you love Jesus.
        Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

I was gonna go back out, but I had already power washed the boat and cleaned up my gear and seemed to lose my motivation about afternoon nap time!
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

i always love the guys that kick over the motor burn your drift to get in direct casting distance from ya....ive lost a many of super spooks cause of that.....and if anyone had a super spook chunked at them sorry that was me and you where too close

Comment

Nice Kenny!! We had a couple there Saturday afternoon, 3 and 4 pounds. Boaters, yakers and shell crunchers are putting those fish down....
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Nice report Kenny!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                  I was gonna go back out, but I had already power washed the boat and cleaned up my gear and seemed to lose my motivation about afternoon nap time!
                  No Wake Zone.
                  Honk if you love Jesus.
                  Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

nice trip,congrats
                    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Yakers

I used to call em buzzards! Seem like they would all sit perched on top of the branch/yak waiting to see who was catching at SLP and then yak/fly on over! Oh BTW by no means am I against yakers! I own a 16' tarpon

Comment

was on the point at the mouth of greens lake in the intercostal canal last week set up to drag plastics from the mud to the ledge and a boat came flying through between the grass and my boat churning mud. Completely crazy! I thought they were trying to screw with us. Havent fished the west bay much but there is an unusual amount of that kind of thing. Crazy man!
                        Was blind but now... "I SEA!"

Comment

Ya know I don't notice much crazy stuff like that in most of West Bay. It's nothing like Port O'Connor and the middle coast. That's a zoo!

However anchoring where you did may have not been the best choice, depending on exactly where you were., but there's almost never an excuse for what you describe.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Good catch Kenny. POC is insane
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                              Good catch Kenny. POC is insane
                              Thanks,
                              It wasn't all that, really just a pretty average kind of morning, and no big fish.
                              Now what da Pimp, Soule' & Dpop do IS the shitz!
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X