Redfish Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redfish Invasion

I guess the redfish didn’t get the memo. It’s winter time, which means it’s big trout season. I stopped targeting redfish over a month ago, and for some reason, I just can’t seem to keep them off my hooks...Lately, it seems as if the redfish have taken residence in places where their not welcome. Sort of like when you were in college and a friend showed up needing a place to crash for the night and ends up sleeping on your couch for weeks acting as if he pays rent. Or when...

I hit the water a few times last week and over weekend and the fishing has been fair. There are plenty of redfish stacked up in traditional winter trout holes and prowling drop-offs near oyster reefs. Multiple limits of mid-slot reds have have been a regular occurrence but we have been catching a few trout in the mix. The trout we have been catching are solid fish in the 3 – 5.5lb range. Water clarity has varied from slightly stained to extremely clear, but morning glory has been my go to color regardless. The main forage right now is mullet and a morning glory paddle tail is a great imitator. The morning tides have been outgoing and vice versa for the evening tides. The water levels have been below normal but by now the water should be back up. Winds have been all over the place, high and low and out of nearly every direction, but the fish haven’t seemed to be effected.

Full report and additional photos here...

Nice report and 25 inch trout!
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice Jeremy!! There have been a lot of reds around this winter..
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Nice report and keep the pics coming.

Comment

Way to go Jeremy, love reading your reports
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
            Nice Jeremy!! There have been a lot of reds around this winter..
            Yes, there has. I've caught more reds this winter than I caught all of last winter and we still have quite a bit of winter left.

Comment

Nice report! You always post some darn good pics too!
              "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

sweet pics!
                "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

thanks 4 the report.nice pics!
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

your reports are always great especially with video..... I love to throw morning glory, it's my fav...wtg!!

Comment

Originally posted by stingray View Post
                      your reports are always great especially with video..... I love to throw morning glory, it's my fav...wtg!!
                      Thanks. I love morning glory too but I mostly throw it this time of year. I'm working on a couple of videos right now. Still haven't got the footage I need to make a good winter trout fishing video but I'm working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by jpchavez23 View Post
                        Thanks. I love morning glory too but I mostly throw it this time of year. I'm working on a couple of videos right now. Still haven't got the footage I need to make a good winter trout fishing video but I'm working on it.
                        Knowing you, I'm sure you'll get the footage you need. Nice fishin'.
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                          Knowing you, I'm sure you'll get the footage you need. Nice fishin'.
                          The problem is I've been fishing a lot at night and it's pretty hard to get quality footage when it's competely dark.

Comment

Originally posted by jpchavez23 View Post
                            The problem is I've been fishing a lot at night and it's pretty hard to get quality footage when it's competely dark.
                            I can hold a flashlight for you since I never seem to catch anything!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                              I can hold a flashlight for you since I never seem to catch anything!
                              You're hired, but we're probably going to need something brighter than a flashlight. I spotlight might work if it doesn't scare all of the fish away.

Comment

Working...
                              X