1-29 Tourney report Team "One Mo Cast"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-29 Tourney report Team "One Mo Cast"

Myself, Reeltime and Stingray hit the water early and got to our first spot right before the crowd showed up. The water was crazy low. There was about 3" on the way out of the diversionary. I had the Jack plate all the way up and still drug bottom a couple of times. 2 or 3 times during the day we heard that distinctive sound of someone grounding themselves and the screech of fiberglass against oyster shells. Bait was everywhere when we showed up at the first spot but we couldn't make anything happen. We ran the gauntlet back into the diversionary after that and Stingray picked up a flounder and Reeltime picked up one decent trout in there. I was still 0. At the next stop in the middle of a long wade I had a trout that would easily go 28" eat my plug and start stripping drag. I got her up to me and she turned broadside at the top of the water and my heart stopped. Just as I was about to try to get her up to me the plug pulled out and she bolted. I wanted to sit down in the water and cry at that point. I would have had nightmares about it last night if I wasn't so tired! So at this point we have one trout and its about 2pm. We made the last move over to the south shoreline and waded three different directions until we found something that worked. I picked up probably 6 or 8 trout 2 of which were decent fish and the other guys picked up a few throwbacks each. So we had three to weigh at this point and we took off for the weigh-in. As we entered the neighborhood at the weigh-in Reeltime busts out with "I Smell Bacon!" Yep -- got our team name for the next tourney! Water temp in the am was 53.4 and warmed to 59 in the last spot we stopped. All of our fish were caught on suspending plugs except for 1 that was caught on an assassin. Tough day for sure but we had a great time. Great tourney and a great turnout -- thanks to FWE and all of the sponsors!!
    Shut up and FISH!!

Great seeing you guys there, good report. Sorry about that losing that big girl but you have to chalk that one up to catch & quick release

Some impressive stringers and most of the anglers if not all brought in live fish which is great because all the fish were released back into the bay to make another anglers day
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Great report.

Man, you guys put in a days worth of work out there.

I am glad I met you guys yesterday and I am also glad to see 'stingray' made the homepage photo. Way to go Martin!!!

Comment

Great report! Nice to know I wasn't the only one having a tough time out there. Way to bring 'em in.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the report Mike... Sorry to hear you lost the big one but thats what keeps us coming back for more...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I smell bacon now!lol.I had a blast yesterday.Man you are a Macquver on the boat converting a hook as a cotter pin so we could still use the trolling motor.With out that feat that one fish wouldn't happened.
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Martin did you make it to work?lol
              I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Well, if there is a team out there smelling bacon, there has got to be one cooking it up.

I need to put a team together called, "Makin' Bacon".

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                  Martin did you make it to work?lol
                  Thanks to me, we saw Mcguiver in action...don't forget the awesome driving in inches of water..

Sure did, believe it or not I was up before five, just habit I guess...lol

Had an awesome time with you guys...lookin foward to hanging with you again sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                    Well, if there is a team out there smelling bacon, there has got to be one cooking it up.

I need to put a team together called, "Makin' Bacon".
                    It's on Brother! Next tourney!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Great report.
                      They like shiny spoons...

Comment

Maybe next time!
                        Resident Ninja

Comment

Great report, Mike. Sounds like yall had a blast. Too bad about the big one. Just think, she's still out there and you get to remeber how big she was. Maybe next year.

Comment

Man, I wouldn't blame you for crying, LOL! That hook for a shear pin works well if you have the tools onboard to do it. Enjoyed the report!

Comment

Good fishing guys!
                              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                              X