2-13 West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-13 West Bay

Went out this morning with Reeltime and Fuzzy. Left the dock around 6:45 and it was COLD!! Water temp in the diversionary at the ramp was 35! The tide was LOW and was getting lower by the minute. First stop was no good after about 30 minutes of wading in 39 degree crystal clear water and we left to find some deeper water. While running along in the clear water we spotted several reds and even a few trout but they didn't seem to be bunched up in any one spot. Struck out in the deep water as well. We drifted around for a bit and saw a hawk swoop down and grab one of the few trout in the area. Pretty cool!! I guess Chris wasn't catching much so he decided to try and hook Ed in the face a few times while he was casting. Made for some interesting conversation. We ran further west and finally found some water holding bait that wasn't completely clear. I picked up two specks both around 18" and fuzzy and I both foul hooked several big mullet. Guess they were stacked up in the bottom of the gut we were fishing. The trout came on a dayglow fatboy worked really really slow. The water temp was up to about 45 by the time we headed for the dock and the wind was just starting to pick up. Great day for scouting! I saw a lot of structure that I was unaware of until now.
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Great report ...you always seem to find em WTG...guys

Comment

Had a good time.Little cool early.Ended up being a nice day.

Comment

Great report! Did Chris have to to throw Ed back?
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Almost!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

nice report..

Comment

good job fellas. Tough scratch.
              Scott
              "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Good report.

It is cool getting out on these low, low tides and seeing all the hidden structure. I usually can't remember everything I see.

Comment

nice catch

Comment

You did better than us. We decided to try trinity and struck out.

Comment

Tough grind but good catch,congrats
                      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

It's been know that i can Hook you up!
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Cool, and you have the tape to prove it!

Comment

Reeltime just likes to keep me on my toes.He knows when fishing gets slow I start thinking about women and Bud Light.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                              Reeltime just likes to keep me on my toes.He knows when fishing gets slow I start thinking about women and Bud Light.
                              LMAO
                              Captain Glenn Stevens
                              Coastal Guide Service
                              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
                              X