West Bay - 2/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay - 2/19

I headed out to Fat Boy's from Humble around 7am and it was a little foggy, expected the coast to be a clear... Man was I wrong! Thick heavy fog all morning which didn't burn off till almost noon but I headed out anyway. A big thanks go out to the Hook N' Line maps and last weeks GPS track down the intercoastal. It was eery doing 20mph constantly checking the GPS, picking up the channel markers, with only 500' visibility to find them, but I finally made it down to Meecum's Cut. Started off throwing a topwater and corky with no luck even though terns were diving on bait, switched over to a lead head & shad tail and picked up a rat red along with 4 trout. My first fish in Texas and no pictures, left the dang camera at the house

Biggest O SHEET moment of the day was running down the intercoastal to have a huge barge emerge from the fog, sitting in the middle of the channel. I slowed down in a hurry and was happy it was already brown pants day!

That's funny, congrats on the fish

Comment

glad you got out. thanks for the report
      Scott
      "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

nice report!

Comment

Good job gramps

Comment

Welcome Gramps. Nice job!
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

good report.keep'em coming!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report Gramps! Glad you made it back in that stuff!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the kind words guys. It has been great getting out and learning a new bay system. Hopefully there will be many more reports to come!

Comment

Nothing but kind words!Keep up the report's and catch!
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
                    X