Flying solo and checking spots 3/15/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying solo and checking spots 3/15/11

Fished yesterday morning, with plans to check a few spring time redfish holes. On my way to the redfish, noticed some jumping mullet in 2-4 foot over some good scattered shell. Pulled a couple of short drifts and popped a nice 4 pound trout on Skitterwalk. Hurried up to check a few redfish areas in a marsh and only saw a couple of flounder and stingrays. Not having much time before the storm got to the bay, headed back to the are awith the trout. I wasn't super motivated about wading with the storms getting close so I pulled drifts over several shell patches and popped one more and missed some really good trout. They weren't quite as committed to eating the topwater, but they did show themselves.

I will be back to inflict a few lip wounds tomorrow. Unfortunately, my redfish flat was competely dry and therefore produced a big fat zero! Took one pic of the first trout in the water, but haven't loaded it yet.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Thanks for the report.

Comment

thanks for the report
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks, I was on the same mission today.... No reds in sight but flounder are in, mostly small ones... Did see shrimp jumping here and there

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt Steve!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report.
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Go get em!
              Scott
              "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
              X