Sportsmans road 3/26/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmans road 3/26/2011

Waders on and in the water at about 4 pm. Wind out of the south, lots of fish jumping, mainly small, couple decent sized. Tried about every color of surface/suspending/plastic. Couple of hits on suspending mirro's but nothing landed. Birds were on the bait half hour prior to sunset, but couldn't run fast enough to the area. Get there, creeps were diving down the line somewhere else. Skunk. Beautiful day in the water on way or another.
    Good luck to all.

Im sick of sportsman... its the "fishiest" place around. Its like a venus fly trap. It looks so good, tons ofgrass line, multiple inlets, nice channel, tons of oyster beds, tons of structure, little islands, big islands and always.... NOTHING.

Too many boats running around.

Maybe once it heats up some more the back marshes, flats will heat up. Ive spent countless coumtless hours there and landed one nice trout. Thats it.

Try wading at the end of 8 mile to the right. Not as much pressure and lots of oyster reefs.

Comment

P.S. most of the good reporys from sportsman are from guys on kayaks. They simply "kayak out od sportsman" and then kayak over to s. Deer island. They also can set up drifts along the houses there where theres a real nice deep channel.

Comment

Thanks for nothing... LOL I hate sportsman rd, to much pressure...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

What can i say... its true. While im sure some good can be done there, i refuse to go back yhere. I live a mile from 8 mile and its hard not to go there but what is the definition of insanity?..... repeating the same thing ovet and over expecting a different result.

Comment

I'll definitely give 8 mile a go next round. I have the same love/hate relationship with sportmans road.

To add insult to injury yesterday evening, TxDOT had the right two lanes closed on the causeway bridge with a concrete pump truck placing over the side. It took an hour and a half to get over it. When I finally made it home, it was nice to not have to deal with cleaning fish.... I probably would've been able to suffer through it though.

Comment

HAHA this is all just too funny!

Comment

LOL guys, there are tons of fish at SR.

Try being more mobile, cutting drifts over the large shell reef, keep moving until you find them. I have caught plenty of topwater trout over the reef that is N. of the island, and a few reds on the shorelines and at the mouths of the bayous.

Comment

Sportsmans does have fish, just need to find them and then call me up and let me know where there at. LOL.

Fish toward the marsh area to the left, Keep ur eyes open for bait being chased. You can pick up some reds around the shorelines, and sometimes some flounder. If you have time walk all the way to oxen bayou, its a little muddy, but thats it. Oxen is a littler deeper and you can pick up some fish there.

Also spring is tough fishing, for me, Spend time without a bite and the tides now are super low. Saturday only two reds both undersize, but got them out of sskools.

Good Luck

Comment

No fish there ever, don't go! Seriously, it's a Thanksgiving to Feb. 28th spot for me...after that I moved west or east. Oxen is the exception and usually worth a spring time trip if the conditons are right...

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
                      Sportsmans does have fish, just need to find them and then call me up and let me know where there at. LOL.
                      Bwahahaha!
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                      X