Friday and Saturday Reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday and Saturday Reports

Went out with Mark on Friday. Started out in Greens where Mark caught a nice spec with live shrimp. That was to be our only keeper trout or trout period for the day. We caught several other fish but all were undersized. We also hit the pass area and did manage a bunch of reds and flounder but again all were undersized. Mark wound up boxing two large croaker that I had for dinner that night as I was shut out Friday as far as keepers are concerned. Most of the action took place as the tide started ripping through the pass.

Saturday I hit the water around 9ish with Lara. I left Sea Isle and headed west a bit to fish some coves and make some drifts. Worked hard throwing plastic and tops and didn't get bumped. Slowly headed east all morning hitting different spots along the south shoreline. Finally picked up a nice redfish going maybe 23" using a motor oil colored texas trout killer with a char tail. Funny story behind this red too. As mentioned I had been two long days without a good fish. When this red it did in freight train like fashion so I knew I had a good one. The current was moving me pretty good and while fighting the fish I saw that I was going to bump into a marker pole. Seeing that coming I said to Lara she better hang on. Unfortunately, my jack russell didn't get the memo and she went in. This is turn got Lara having to jump down and get the dog. On the way she trips up and winds up on her rear holding on to the boat with one hand the dog in the water with the other. I still have that angry red on. Decision time. Do I set the rod down and get my dog out of the water and help my wife or bring that red in? Like I said it was tough fishing the last couple of days so I asked if Lara was ok and worked that red! All in all it was quite funny (by evening at least), Lara has a bruise that looks like the state of Idaho on her rear now, the dog got a salt water bath, and I got that red in that you see in the pic.

Kept at it a little longer and found a 16" spec in Dana's. That was all on the fish front.

On another note I did run back into Karankawa to see the work that has been going on at the small pass into the old barge canal from the back lake that the paper company used to own. I posted a pic of what it looks like now as you cant get to it from the canal any longer.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

good report!
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Good one Brad!! Let Lara stay on the deck or land red?? Good choice!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report.
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

And thanks to your report, my co-workers may actually think I am enjoying Monday. - Nope, just screwing around on the intraweb, and caught a good laugh. Nice catch of yours also.

Comment

Great story! Lara sound's like a good catch!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wow, for us men we hope our women can think on the fly like we can! Congrats on both catches!
              A Living Legend

Comment

Great report Brad.....Thanks!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                X