Sportsmans Rd(8 mile) 4/6-4/7 Old Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportsmans Rd(8 mile) 4/6-4/7 Old Report

Hit one of my favorite spring/summer trout for big numbers of trout last week, and they were there like always. I caught all of the fish just pounding the shorelines and looking for nervous bait running in and out of the cuts. All it took was to wait for some bait to get busted, top my nuclear chicken Gulp! crab into the mix...and it was game on. Ended the day with 9 trout and 1 red. Went back that afternoon and finished my limit and released a few more.

I went right back there the next day and followed the same pattern. The fish were a little late from the day before, but i stayed and grinded out a good stringer. 8 trout to 21".

I threw topwaters for a while...but still nothing. I couldn't find any live or dead bait either before i went down there. Thank God for Gulp!. Hopefully i can catch my first fish of the year on topwater soon.

Go get you some guys, i bet those trout are right back in that spot again this weekend.
    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Nice Haul!!

Comment

Some nice fish!
      Resident Ninja

Comment

Nice report and Great pics... Thanks
        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Nice fishing! I do love Gulp!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

8 mile is the place to be I see GHSmack-a-lacker... Most excellent report my man... Thanks for the report...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Way to go!!!!!! just wondering how far do you have to go to find shoreline that is not protected by some stones????? Ive tried fishing it by wading and get hung up on them.

Comment

Great catch and report.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice....WTG!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by fishingRED View Post
                    Way to go!!!!!! just wondering how far do you have to go to find shoreline that is not protected by some stones????? Ive tried fishing it by wading and get hung up on them.

http://www.galvbay.org/conservation_...sportsman.html
                    They are protected in a lot of areas, we were out there 4-5 years ago putting them all out
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

very nice stringer!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice catch, great bunch of trout!

Comment

Working...
                        X