Confederate 4/13 Late Afternoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confederate 4/13 Late Afternoon

I was late getting to the island after work last night so I decided to skip the longer run to the southwest and opted instead to make the short run across the bay to confederate. I wasnt shocked to see two other boats and a kayak in the area drifting the flats. One group was way down the reef on the island side and the the yak was between them and the start off the reef. The other boat was just was about halfway or better between the reef and S Deer. We idled down way out and went to the second bit of exposed reef, poled down and hopped out and worked our way to the next gut between the exposed reef top. I worked the windward side and my better half worked the leeward side of the reef until we got to within about 2 cast lengths of the gut. Then with a little coaxing I got her into the murky water with me on the windward side but fishing was the last thing on her mind once she got past her knees.
    To that extent the relative silence soon ended and the noise began with the WHAT IFs and THE DISLIKES. It was amusing and I soon had to start casting with my left hand because the right side of my swing was very much occupied by said "noise" and a pink pole . Amost to the gut I throw one parallel to the reef and get a hook up and some head shaking. Pumped theyre here! Fill the spool up and a little blue tailed rat comes in. Dang it! oh well we aint get skunked tho lol. Seeing opportunity to show off to all of facebook her new waders, booties, and boisterous outgoing spontaneous spirit it was undeniably PICTURE TIME. Oh boy. Click image for larger version

Name:	216596_552259167572_153101046_31358200_1476552_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	569011

So after getting the hair just right and the top squared up we chronicled the sea creature and got the little guy back in the drink to fight another day. After that we waded on down to the gut but no other takers were had despite the idea I had drawn up in my head after the red took the jig. Darkness came fast last night with the overcst skies and soon my little friend was firmly fixed high on the dry reef top, hungry and cold, and yadda yadda yadda so I figured enough lessons had been learned for the evening so we walked back to the panga and headed home.

All in all I was dismayed to see my personal best slam streak end, but in the context of things I believe it was worth it. She found out playing in the water aka wade fishing is fun and exciting because you just might get eatin, but she also realized that she survived all the hungry sea beasts so that was an eye opener. She really had no intention of surviving the 1 hour wade. Sorry fellas thats all the report I got today and as its been said before," The fishng was good but the catching was bad". Figured it would make an enjoyable read nonetheless so thanks for tolerating and thanks for the read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	208356_552259102702_153101046_31358199_1667678_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	569012
    Andros Tarpon 26

Best photo every submitted! I LIKE! LOL Nice redfish she caught too!

Great job Cody
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

That is the best picture of a rat red I have ever seen....

Comment

X1000. Nice report! You oughta be one proud dude putting on fish like that-WTG!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great read and report! Thanks,
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report! That pic has my vote for photo of the week!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

good report!
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                Nice report! That pic has my vote for photo of the week!
                X2000!
                The funniest report I've read in a long time!
                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I see yall talkin bout a fish in that pic was there really ????? Hahaha good report thought Haha

Comment

Pic of the week. Great report as well.

Comment

Great pic and good report but I bet she will want to go every time now.
                      Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Mell Wader View Post
                        Pic of the week. Great report as well.
                        What he said
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                          That is the best picture of a rat red I have ever seen....
                          that was freakin hilarious.
                          michelle

Comment

AWESOME CATCH!!!!. That fish looks pretty good too!!!!
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Probably not the greatest fisherman or guide, but undoubtly a great photographer.
                              Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Working...
                              X