Sight Casting to Tails, Backs, and Schools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sight Casting to Tails, Backs, and Schools

Nothing makes my mouth water quite like the thought of low tide marsh redfishing. Low water levels make fishing easy, especially with a kayak at your disposal. Those super skinny flats and marshes are virtually impossible to fish sans kayak.

I haven't spent much time in the marsh this year because I haven't heard very many reliable reports, but with the warm weather lately I figured it was about as good a time as any to start exploring my preferred domain. I spent three days in the marsh at three different locations. The fishing ranged from slow to sensational after the late season cold front pushed through Friday afternoon.

Additional photos and full report here...

I love that first photo of the bending rod! Looks like a good one on the line!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
      I love that first photo of the bending rod! Looks like a good one on the line!

+1

That is awesome!

-Marco

Comment

i love your close up shots. what type of camera do you use? it's amazing. thanks for the photos.
        michelle

Comment

Nice carp
          "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Great pics and vid man !

Comment

Once again, sweet macro pic!!!!

Comment

Great pics and the catch was not shabby at all, congrats !
                A Living Legend

Comment

It's always fun when you get to podlick!Nice vid!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great pics and report! Blackwell is a good fishin partner!
                    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Originally posted by michelle View Post
                      i love your close up shots. what type of camera do you use? it's amazing. thanks for the photos.
                      michelle
                      I'm using a 5 year-old Pentax Optio W20. I get this question a lot but really any point and shoot camera can take good macro shots. I might do a tutorial on how to get good macro photos out of an ordinary point and shoot.
                      Originally posted by FishinAddiction View Post
                      Great pics and report! Blackwell is a good fishin partner!
                      Jason can flat out fish. He's about the only person I know that I have trouble keeping up with.

Comment

sweet!
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Nice goin-again!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

and you are brave too taking that Jason kid along... haha. Good Job Jeremy and Jason.
                            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

WOW...! Great report & bad arse pics to boot... Keep em" coming...
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X