SLP sand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLP sand

Anyone been to the pass in the last few days? How is the sand down under the bridge at SLP? Is it too soft to go thru in the minivan? I have been stuck before down there and don't want to go thru that again.
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

was out last monday. and it was super soft. had to wagon all gear in after parking car as close as possible. sand was so soft my wagon got stuck!!! hahahaha good luck.

Comment

yup, no rain means soft powder sand.

Comment

Chip-with 20 mph winds-why? Other than maybe scenery or watching some guy stuck in a minivan in soft sand while enjoying cold ones.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

LOL, I have been stuck 2x at SLP. Stay away from the stuff on the sides of the bridge!

Comment

I will fly home to see this fiasco... LOL What day are you going?
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Keith I'm picking you up at airport in the CJ7 on 44's we'll post up and watch them while drinking cold beers from a safe distance

Comment

it's super soft right now. my buddy had to spend more time pulling people out than fishing
                You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

OK.....Change of plans.......Stay at work Keith. I don't need no midget laughing at me!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

its horrible down the sides of the brigde... and down at the watertower... nothin but deep ruts..was in a 4x4 and she still bogged down but was barely able to get er out!!!
                    if i dnt catch dinner, i will catch a buzz. it works out!

Comment

4x4 only gets you 30' into somewhere you shouldn't have been in the first place!

Comment

I would be well worth the money to fly home & watch the Hamma Show... But if you changed your plans, (that was for Kenny LOL) I will stay at work...

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                          4x4 only gets you 30' into somewhere you shouldn't have been in the first place!
                          I was told that long ago but I figured if I slammed some 35s on her and engaged all the lockers I would be way better off. FAIL. Just helps you get another 120' into someplace you that will require an extensive phone book, lots of luck and a friggin RIG to get you out.

Circa 2008 Sam Houston National Forest logging road Hummer H2
                          Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Working...
                          X