Offats bayou hammer down 4/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offats bayou hammer down 4/22

GHSmacker and I heard Mickey Eastman talkin about how good the fishing was in Offats Bayou so we decided to take the boat down there and check it out....Mickey was right and they were def. there....we caught a 2 man limit on gulp crab imitation before lunch. Fish ranged from 16 to 23 inches. Poppin cork and the crab was the trick....we caught them everywhere...against the grass....near pier pilings...and even one close to a docked sailboat!....Those fish are there for the taking guys!!!! Just spend time in the bayou and you will get them! (Those jet ski's running around didn't scare those fish one bit either!) Tight lines fellas
    Click image for larger version

Name:	April 14 (12).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	5.61 MB
ID:	569080
    Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Great report.... Were u there in the am or afternoon?

Comment

Right on brother, can't wait to do it again. I'm suprised more people don't go in there. The biggest secret on west galveston.

All caught in the AM.
      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

I was going to try that spot when I got back home... I see the cat is out of the bag now... The gulp juice is the trick when finessing the fish with the aqua man like skills the Smacker processes...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good report
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

He said before lunch.........

Comment

Thats one thing about GHSmacker...He ALWAYS gives up his fishing "hot spots"

Comment

Great report and catch!
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

sweet!
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great report and stringer
                    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Gulp! Is where it's at. I wouldn't catch many fish these days without it. Don't hate Hogie, everybody knows you put all your worms in a Gulp! shrimp haggis for a whole year before they are ready to use.

JT...I like to think of myself as an open book. With all of these nice people on here that dont get to fish that often, I get satisfaction out of sending these folks to where the fish are.
                      Last edited by GHSmacker; April 26, 2011, 06:22 AM.
                      "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

[QUOTE=GHSmacker;127854]Gulp! Is where it's at. I wouldn't catch many fish these days without it. Don't hate Hogie, everybody knows you put all your worms in a Gulp! shrimp haggis for a whole year before they are ready to use.

How do you know that...? And don't tell anyone... LOL

JT...I like to think of myself as an open book. With all of these nice people on here that dont get to fish that often, I get satisfaction out of sending these folks to where the fish are.

That almost brought a tear to my eye Smacker... The gentle giant is what you are...

Comment

Awesome report. Always see people fishing from the bank after you turn onto 61st. Just curious,does anyone actually catch much from there?

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaGump View Post
                            Awesome report. Always see people fishing from the bank after you turn onto 61st. Just curious,does anyone actually catch much from there?
                            Not really mostly crabs...

The fishing is better along structure & reefs that protect the entrance into Offats

Comment

Great report guys

Comment

Working...
                              X