West Bay 4/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 4/28

Well I didnt get to skip work like i had planned despite my flaunting of it via the West End forum. FAIL. Buuuuut I did manage to sneak out of the office a little early and make a rare trip with the dad, grandad, and best buddy.

We slipped out of Tiki at about 445-5pm I think and made our way over to the Hoeckers point area to make an exploratory wade. Making our way in between N & S Deer island the water was clean and green until we made our initial turn towards the point right past the first shellfish marker. Water abruptly turned off color but it still looked fishable so we carried on. We made a long wade that only turned up 2 "almost there" flatties. Decided to load up and slide across to have a look at the north shoreline but we never made it. Found several groups of birds working in the middle of the bay. My initial thought was that they were on the dadgum rednblack worms but upon closer inspection I seen no worms in da waters.

Worked the first 2 groups without a hit then the watermelon smell filled the air and as I looked over my shoulder I noticed another group about 200yds behind right on top of a fresh slick. By this point it was dark thirty though, the sun was already gone and only its odd colored rays were providing some light so we hurried up to get on top of the school. The first ten frantic casts produce 5 nice keepers to 20" and that was all that was left of the daylight hours. Sent all the spots back into the water to the tune of my grandads grumbling

It was nice to get to take my grandad out, never know how long he'll be around or able to. Other than that the trip was short and sweet and ended with a bang. Reminds me of some other stuff..... Oh yea and did I mention the winds were calm?
    Andros Tarpon 26

Nice! Thanks for the report.

Comment

Great report....Thanks!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report!
        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Great report.Thanks!
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Great job with the whole family and thanks for the report.

Comment

Good report! Just shows never give up when the smell of watermalon is in the air!

Comment

Working...
              X