Way down on the west end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way down on the west end

Skipped the boat and hopped in the truck to meet some guys way down on the west end for a walk-in wade yesterday evening. Managed 5 keeper trout to 23" and 2 flatties, one of which made the rope. IT was ahhhhwindy. But the water wasnt in real bad shape, still had some trout green in it but it wasnt gin by no means. Tried a bone SSJ for a bit with no takers and finally got tired of surfing it over the waves so I switched over to a jig for the results. Hackberry Hustler in East Beast was goin and the ol' classic red with a white tail had some fans too. Sorry no pics too busy doin the shuffle. On a side note the jacks were jackin up some baitfish up in the skinnys. Pretty cool event to witness.
    Andros Tarpon 26

Nice report. good to hear the fish are still biting in the holier than thou wind!
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

WTG! Hope to see you around-sure enjoyed meeting you at the Boil.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up....I'm Luvin' those Hustlers too...Who Dat and Geaux have been good to me as of late....
        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Thanks for the report...I haven't tried the Hackberry Hustler yet (thought it was just too weird) but I've been hearing a lot of good things about it so I think I'll go pick up a pack later
          You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

Bout what been happenin with me...water was still the same albeit a lil deeper today ...saw a car and a white van axle deep back there like they got stuck and the tide came in on em.
            Red and white has been popular...in soft plastic and mirrolure.
            Don't be a Nancy!
            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Nice thx for the report
              Captain Glenn Stevens
              Coastal Guide Service
              www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Good report C4e.....I bought a pack of the hb-hustlers with all the hype but haven't fished them much....its hard to break away from my go to lures....sorry I didn't catch ya at the boil...maybe ill catch ya on kennys reef! Lol
                Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Comment

Working...
                X