Wbay 5.27.11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wbay 5.27.11

Left the ramp at Pirates about 6:20, needed to burn a little gas so I made the 10 mile or so run to the pass...very little wind, it was glass. Wading the pass about 10 till 7. Bait was everywhere, got one blow up between 7-9, threw mostly she dogs, but also tried plastics, stick baits, and a suspending mirrowlure...nothing.

Headed east and found these 2 reds in a cove with grass/mud/sand, in about 18 inches of water...all caught on chicken on a chain assassins. Caught the first one drifting, dropped anchor as soon as hooked up and got out and chased the other one for about an hour before I finally got him. There were a couple small schools of reds busting bait between 11-1 in the cove. Threw tops at them too, they didn't want them. First 2 fish on chicken on a chain...wind picked up by 8 and was blowing maybe 20 when I left coming from about 185 on the compass. Water clarity at the pass was marginal, it got better as I went east, but still wasn't great anywhere. Tide was weak all morning, I'm thinking that is the reason for no trout working all that bait at the pass.

Going to walk in somewhere this weekend...boat is back to the shed...to much traffic on the holiday...
    Attached Files

Great report. Thanks for posting!
    sigpic

Comment

Way to grind it out!!Thanks for the report!1
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Good fishing!!!!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice job! It was tough out there.
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

winds have been brutal....nice work
            Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Comment

Working...
            X