6/01/11 Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/01/11 Report

Took advantage of the calm weather this morning to do some kayak fishing. Went out with Galveston on the Fly before sunrise to get there early. Pulled up to the first spot where there were a lot of tailers that wouldn't take anything. We got a few blow-ups on topwaters, and I snagged a keeper trout on a spook jr. After a while, we decided to move to another spot. Within 5 minutes of getting there, I hooked up on a solid keeper red on a paddle tail. A couple of minutes later, Galveston on the Fly caught a small rat red on another paddle tail. A few minutes later we both barely missed two nice flounder. A little later, I got another keeper red on a gold spoon. After that, GOTF caught a small flounder on a paddle tail and a small red on a spoon too. The bite stopped after that even though we saw some more nice reds cruising around. Our day was ended when a 3 1/2 ft shark started stalking our stringers. We headed back to the boat where our tally for the grill was 2 reds (22" and 23") and a 16" trout. It was a beautiful day on the water with some good fishing.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	015.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.69 MB
ID:	569322Click image for larger version

Name:	016.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	569323
    You never know what the tide might bring

Good report......Thanks
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good report lucky *** to be able to get out

Comment

Good catch,congrats
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Super nice day to be out early and good report
          Andros Tarpon 26

Comment

Thanks for the report!
            fish caller

Comment