468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6/9 Morning Report - Fished with Lloyd Pepper.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/9 Morning Report - Fished with Lloyd Pepper.

I finally got to fish with a true legend today, Mr. Lloyd Pepper (Rods by Pepper). Most of you might not know him or his wife Cookie, but they are two well know guides on West Bay. They are neighbors of ours and we have talked so much about going out together, well he called me last night and we hit it this morning. The funny thing is, I had to call him back to ask if we were wading, because he is 81 this weekend and he still get's out of the boat and will last longer then all of us.

To the fishing, we did not wade, but we went to a favorite spot of his in West Bay and anchored up. A few catch into it, he landed a nice 18" trout, I switched to a mirrolure and started nailing them. Brought 3 in within a few minutes up to 20". He kept on catching them on a tail and was also bringing in some large croaker as well. Things got slow, we moved and he caught a fat 21". I could not find a bit, so we called it a day around 10:30.

Ended up with 9 trout to 21", 3 large sandies, and some croaker for some reason

By the way, a small funnel cloud was spotted while we were out there.
    Attached Files
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

nice! hope I'm still at it when I'm 81! cool pic of the funnel cloud.
    fish caller

Comment

Very impressive, at 81 that guy is still a fishing machine and a wealth of knowledge.
      Thanks for the report!

Comment

Good man!
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

two great legends. congrats mike.
          michelle

Comment

All this time I thought Moonpie was the only legend out here. i'll be damm

Comment

You're a lucky man! He is a legend.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Cool stuff.

I saw that funnel cloud out there today too.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Outstanding report!
                  sigpic

Comment

She is not doing great, years of fishing and her back is really bad. She can barely walk anymore, but she is still has a lot of fire in her. Talks about the good ol days all the time.

Originally posted by smooth move
                    great report how is ms cookie doing
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

That is awesome that you get to fish with some one like that. You can learn so much from a person like that. I get the pleasure of fishing with Maurice the
                      West bay legend. I have learned a ton of things from him. That has has been priceless to me and still learning.

Comment

Lloyd is a nice guy and great to fish with-has the right attitude-FUN! I hope I can fish like him at his age!

Thanks for the post Mike.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Mike:

Ya all made the GDN Joe Kent report:

"Capt. Lloyd Pepper, well known as the Mayor of West Bay, hosted his Terramar friends Dr. Henry Abel and Mike Romeyn to a productive fishing trip in Lower West Bay. The anglers had their lines in the water at 6:30 a.m. and by 10:30 a.m. had nine trout on ice in the 17- to 22-inch range along with two 15-inch sand trout and four large croaker for Cookie Pepper, the captain’s wife, to fry whole.

Capt. Pepper, one of the legends of West Bay fishing, said that the action came on the early incoming tide using Gulps and Norton Sand Eels. Lots of other specks were caught and released as well."
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

SWEET!!! I hope the boss does not read it
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

That's awesome to have an opportunity of a lifetime to fish and learn a lot from someone that has been fishing an entire lifetime and then some. Great report and pics
                              "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
                              X