From Muddy to Blue Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Muddy to Blue Water

I got on the water a few times last week. The wind finally laid down and the fish are starting to settle down into their summer pattern. Despite the high water and slack tides last weekend I found quite a few schools of redfish in the marsh feeding on shrimp. I found a few backs in the skinniest areas within the marsh. I also got the opportunity to run offshore and catch a few pelagics.

Full report and additional/full-size photos here...

Awesome!

Comment

Very cool, that pic of the tailing reds, gull, and jumping shrimp is awesome. Coe needs to replace my blood and guts RS pic on the front page with that one

What made that blowup offshore? Surprised you weren't throwing some flies at those kings.

Comment

Great report and pics,thanks for sharing
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

I always look forward to enjoying your reports and posts... thanks!
          "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Nice going as always!! Love your pics.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Awesome pics!
              fish caller

Comment

sweet!
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Awesome pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                    Very cool, that pic of the tailing reds, gull, and jumping shrimp is awesome. Coe needs to replace my blood and guts RS pic on the front page with that one

What made that blowup offshore? Surprised you weren't throwing some flies at those kings.
                    It was a shark feeding on a ray about 50yds from the boat. We didn't get any shots with the fly on this trip. Everything was deep and I don't have sinking fly line. I also don't like using the fly rod if I'm not sight fishing. We'll be making more trips but I need heavier gear. I don't think my 8wt is going to the job on some of the bigger pelagics.

Comment

Yeah that shark eating that ray was about 5 min after I came out of the water from doing some looky Lou snorkeling around the rig. Would have been cool to see from under the water but i was glad i was out of the water. Shark looked every bit of 8 ft.

Comment

those are really cool pics

Comment

yup, really cool pics.

Comment

As Borat would say, "Thats nice. High five."

Comment

Nice reports as always...you've always got some of the best IMHO! I would watch it though posting pics of reds gaffed and mentioning 40 miles out...but I know it was caught in state waters as is the law. It could confuse certain people that like to watch these boards!
                              Don't be a Nancy!
                              If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Working...
                              X