learning every trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning every trip

i launched about 7am at the koa over san luis pass. had my brother down from dallas for the weekend so it was gonna be a full day fishing. i have a 14' skiff and only a handful of days out in west bay so each trip is an exploration. first stop was back in the turns of alligator lake trying to hide from the winds. grinded out a couple rat reds and decided to head to the east shore of chocolate. couldnt find anything there so we went into the winding narrows of halls lake. it looks good in there but still no fish. the day was starting to get late so we were going to make our way back to the launch. we headed back through the main bay and were getting abused by the waves so we made our way back to the icw. i ended up being a little out of the channel at full throttle with a 15 hp and ran across some oysters. they knocked the prop hard because a piece in the prop broke loose, which resulted in no more propulsion. armed with a heavy duty pair of fishing pliers we took a bolt off the boat to get to a washer. we took off the prop and were able to pinch the washer against the prop assembly with enough pressure to get some propulsion back. limped back in having to re-tighten the nut and washer a couple more times.
    after a nap we went to some lights at 2 am and caught about 50 mini specs a red and a flounder. long day

Hey at least you got out there and tryied. Thanks

Comment

Every fishing trip has a story...and those stories sure beat the hell out of the junk you would see on tv. Good for you for getting out there!
      Team Rolling Thunder

Comment

Originally posted by fathernson View Post
        Every fishing trip has a story...and those stories sure beat the hell out of the junk you would see on tv. Good for you for getting out there!
        Well said
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

boating adventures!! LOL
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Working...
          X