468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for a good place to launch around west bay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a good place to launch around west bay.

looking for a good place to launch around west bay. going to be goin to houston to visit my sister and im not stayin in the house with my gf, mother, and sister. Me and the brother in law may try to fish a little. not lookin for any spots, maybe just sandbars to stay away from

Where on the Island will you be staying? There is a nice launch in Pirates Cove on Stewart Road just West of 12 mile. However Ike leveled the place & it has yet to be rebuilt the launch is in good condition.

You can fish the geo-tubes (tubes of sand that make a breakwater) out in front of the state park work your way along the shoreline & do drifts in the coves keying in on bait. You should be able to get a few on some drifts or working the shoreline for reds etc. Most of the hazards in West Bay are marked. There are certain areas to avoid for a 1st timer like San Luis Pass. I would stay East of say Terramar / Sea Isle & West of Confederate Reef which runs between North & South Deer Island. There is a reef in front of Jamaica Beach get yourself a Hotspot map at Academy & all the above mentioned places will be marked & detailed.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

easy go to's i would say for a newbie to west bay.....Jamaica beach first. pretty wide open outta the ramp. Sea isle second. public ramp sucks but waters are easy to navigate out from the ramp there. any further west your getting close to the pass...far east towards the seawall you get further and further into shell and other hazards that could get you into a bind real quick if your not familiar with the area. If you have a GPS use it wisely...I would first suggest getting a good bay map and study it intensely...you can find ramps accordingly and pick one that suits your judgement depending on bottom/depth/and distance to run to....hope that helps.you gotta learn somewhere...just take it slow! tight lines
      Don't follow my boat......I don't catch fish......

Comment

Thanks Coe....if i can convince my B-I-L to stay home and get a buddy of mine to fish instead i may enter the tourney that day. my brother in law doesnt know a swim bait to live bait. We will be stayin in Spring at their house, so ill be making the drive that mornin in. Ill run by the academy by their house the night before and pick up a map of the place to familiarize myself. been lookin at google earth but it doesnt mark the everything.

Comment

We had a map... not sure where the link went...

Our Favorite Fishing Spots. Swing by our site, http://www.fishwestend.com to learn more about fishing in the Galveston, TX area.
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Launch in sea isle and head to rooster collins last water tower on galveston west end and fish the flat there. You will be safe and have plenty of area to fish
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Working...
            X