7/7/11 Tough bite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/7/11 Tough bite

Hit it with Maurice and Bob this am. There were 2 boats sitting where we wanted to be so we moved on down and jumped out. We only caught one keeper on the first wade but lots of schoolies. Got tired of playing with them so we moved and hoped to come back to spot 1 later and figured everyone would be gone after it got hot. Next spot produced lots of blow ups and a few keepers and a big girl that I lost.
    Moved back to spot 1 and they were still there chunkin' croaks so we played at a couple of other spots and caught a few more and headed in about noon.
    Ended the day with 8 trout to 22" and 1 red. All fish were caught on tops in varying sizes and colors but almost all were caught on a very slow erratic retrieve.
    It was nice to be back on the water after not being out there for 3 weeks!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Great report chip.
    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

WTG Chip! Glad you guys caught em' all on tops. Sorry you lost the big one buddy.

Comment

You were in great company thats for sure, I bet yall had a blast congrats!!, Bob and Maurice are top notch.......
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Way to go Hamma Time... Keep the reports coming...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good deal Chip and come on weekend!!!!

Comment

we had a slow bite too today. i was back home by 930.
              michelle

Comment

Great report Chip!

Glad to hear you were back on the water after a short hiatus and that you did some good.

I look forward to hearing more of those great reports!

John
                John M. Wedergren
                Actor, Recording Artist, Teacher
                (281)-759-5019 - direct
                johnwedergren@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by John Wedergren View Post
                  Great report Chip!

Glad to hear you were back on the water after a short hiatus and that you did some good.

I look forward to hearing more of those great reports!

John
                  No doubt John that is a great report!!

Chip it seems as if you copy and paste a lost big fish in every report lately. Are you sure it wasn't a crab trap bouy? Those things seem to jump out of nowhere, and sometimes they almost seem to fight. Keep up the great reports!!

Comment

OMG, Jeremy you have started it now! Plastic grocery bags like top waters too!
                    Scott
                    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Glad to hear ya got out Chip. Unchain them chains as often as ya can!!
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by gsb View Post
                        OMG, Jeremy you have started it now! Plastic grocery bags like top waters too!
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thanks for the report. Nice catching on all tops.

Comment

Sensei Top back at it! Good to see you back out there!
                            Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

that might have been corndog throwing croakers.
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X